Great! I'd love to provide my passion for front-end development combined with strong communication and management skills to the right company.
I'm also interested to switch into a lead role as I enjoy the project overhead quite a lot. Keeping the big picture in mind while tracking the tasks leading to that runs in my blood. So does defining workflows and standards and ensuring they're being satisfied.
A 100% remote position is non-negotiable. I operate this way since 2015 and it's the best improvement for my health and quality of life. From my office window I can see the fjord, the sun rising above the mountains as well as the Northern Lights and there's no price tag to that.
Everything else can be discussed. Part-time is possible, too.
My current stack:
- CSS, SASS, and TailwindCSS.
In addition to that I know Python and a little bit of Rust and Go. I'm ultimately aiming at Tauri and Wails for desktop and mobile development.
Take a look at my about page for who I am as both a person and a developer as well as my CV below. I left out some details for privacy and some because of NDAs; I might be able to talk a little bit more about it in an online meeting.
Birth in Germany.
- Maybe not the funniest person in the room but excellent at getting stuff done :)
Received my first computer, a mighty C64.
- Mainly used for playing games but also first steps in BASIC.
- Gained massive satisfaction from typing pages full of code from print magazines to make simple games work.
A level at a German commercial high school.
- Learned HTML, CSS, PHP and databases. Forgot everything about the latter but loved building websites in my freetime ever since.
Apprenticeship as industrial clerk at a German government organisation.
- CFO offered a paid bachelor degree course and an entry level leadership position upon completion.
- I declined for a more interesting position in either quality assurance or procurement (decided to go for the latter).
Industrial clerk (procurement) at the same organisation.
- Core responsibility was handling EU-wide tenders and the resulting contracts.
- Leading part of several digitalization projects (SAP Business Workflow).
- Automated procurement processes (SAP ABAP).
- Set up a unified process for handling complaints towards suppliers.
- Quit because of the on-site requirement and the highly political environment.
Freelance web developer.
- Polished up web development knowledge, learned WordPress and Genesis Pro framework.
- Also learned mobile app development (Swift/iOS, Java/Android).
- Sold all my belongings and bought a one-way ticket to South East Asia.
- Learned Python (automation, web scraping, speech recognition) and the ZURB Foundation web framework.
Met the founder and CEO of my future employer.
- Learned Vue.js/Nuxt.js, Sanity, TailwindCSS, Storybook.js and Figma.
- Couldn’t move yet because of the pandemic so we worked remotely.
Front end developer at a Norwegian web agency (100% remote).
- Mostly worked for a large Norwegian ERP and accounting SaaS company.
- Collaborated with other developers as well as design and content teams.
- Created a mobile first template in Figma to improve/streamline the design process, reduce developer guesswork and unneccessary feedback loops.
- Contract ended because CEO accepted a full-time job offer.
Freelance web developer, web/UX designer & open source software consultant.
- Selected projects are described on the work page
- Learned E-Commerce solutions (Shopify, Medusa.js & Vue Storefront).